What is IBM BPM?
Increasing business value through the delivery of a managed business process
IBM BPM provides the right task in a business process to the right person or system with the right information at the right point in time while managing and monitoring the performance of the process.
(+) What does IBM BPM do?
At its core, IBM BPM is geared towards addressing and managing issues with business processes. This is a vast domain consisting of many different topics, such as:
- Understanding current business processes, many of which evolved over time and are often poorly documented
- Comprehending possible exceptions and handling them with minimal disruption and cost to the core business processes
- Improving process throughput and efficiencies by determining and eliminating bottlenecks and errors
- Integrating many different customers, organizations, business rules, sub-processes, and systems along an entire end-to-end process
- Understanding and optimizing overall business and specific process performance
- Determining the impact of and implementing process changes
(+) How does IBM BPM work
(+) Process Automation
Automates the hand-off of work based on pre-determined criteria in the business model, relieving workers from determining where the process should go next.
(+) Process Management
Ensures that the process moves forward based on the processing rules established; including alerts when processing Service Level Agreements so individual business operations complete within expected timeframes and do not contribute to overall SLA issues.
(+) Work Assignment
Assigns work to a pool of workers rather than specific individual workers, creating inherent workload balancing and reduced work management effort.
(+) Work Delivery and Management
Provides different vehicles for delivering the work, depending on which approach works most efficiently for the business needs.
(+) Systems and Data Integration
Integrates systems and data along the process flow. Data carried along the process can be passed into integrated systems to increase worker efficiencies and reduce errors.
(+) Status Tracking
Provides a detailed status tracking view to internal support staff and can issue proactive status notifications as the process passes through milestone activities.
(+) Process Performance
Ensures performance of the process in real-time, as well as, historical and trend analysis for each process so business operations can react to issues that are observed during the real-time monitoring.
- EmeriCon INIT - Auto Manufacturer Compression of “on-boarding” and “off-boarding” cycle time from months to days
- EmeriConINIT - Auto Part Manufacturer Recovery of $2 million annually with our implementation plan of BPM
- EmeriConEXPRESS - Insurance Provider Fully developed FMLA process in two weeks for 90 facilities and over 5000 employees
- EmeriConEXPRESS - Healthcare Provider Realizes $750K savings in the first year
- EmeriConPLETE - State Education Provider A workflow-enabled process provides for better customer satisfaction and less re-work