Able to recover $2 million annually with our implementation plan of BPM
One of the largest manufacturers in the United States frequently lost opportunites in recovering costs associated with design and manufacturing car parts when a car maker decides that the part is no longer needed. They had been using a series of cumbersome spreadsheets where information got lost frequently, particularly during personnel turnover – taking up to two years to process any requests.
(+) Business Need
They needed a solution to replace the current spreadsheet-based mechanism to plan and track the activities in identifying the inventory. However, they were not in a position to quickly determine whether a BPM solution would deliver the necessary benefits and had the capabilities.
We engaged with them through our EmeriConINIT offering, quickly validating that the BPM approach for addressing the business needs created compelling benefits for them, including the ability to recover $2 million that was not claimed each year.
EmeriCon also helped them structure the BPM solution and the implementation plan to manage human workflow and software applications utilizing the IBM WebSphere BPM Suite. Through this solution they have the ability to:
- Identify component parts affected by a claim
- Automate routing and management of the processes
- Integrate with manufacturing and inventory systems
Through this engagement EmeriCon validated the benefits of the envisioned BPM solution, which included:
- Recovery of $2 million annually
- Visibility into process status across multiple sites;
- Improved productivity through focus on value-added activities
- Improved work tracking using work lists and real-time monitoring capabilities of the solution
- Proactive escalation of tasks that are potentially late through automated alerts
- Reduced cycle time based on streamlined process and automated tracking of follow-up activities
- Risk of data loss eliminated
Learn more about Our Customized Solutions